Personal information policy
Sail Racing International AB, org.nr. 556427-4917 (”Sail Racing”) cares about your personal integrity. We therefore strive to always protect your personal information in an appropriate way and to follow all regulations and rules for computer protection.
Because Sail Racing in relation to you as client, supplier, retailor, potential employee or other actor has the utmost responsibility for the personal information you give Sail Racing access to, we want to describe our policy regarding how Sail Racing handles your personal information.
It is important that you read and understand the policy before you buy Sail Racing products or the first time you come in contact with the company in any other way.
Some pages on our website has links to other websites from a third party. These websites have their own integrity policy and Sail Racing Is not responsible for their operation or their information routines. Users that send information to or through these third parties should therefore review the integrity policies for the websites before any personal information is sent to them.
What personal information do we manage and where is it collected from?
Sail Racing treat, depending on what way you come in contact with us, following information:
– Name, address, phone number, email address, birth date and also general information.
– Credit card information
– Demographic information
– Purchase history
– Browser information
– Information about your company and relevant contact persons
– Information about you as shown by your resume (including picture) or personal letter sent with a resume
This information is gathered in following way and from following sources:
– When you decide to buy and/or ask questions about one of Sail Racings products
– B2B market. For example, in a situation where you as a contact person for one of the Sail Racing B2B customers order and/or ask questions about one of Sail Racings product/products and/or desire cooperation.
– Via browser information and invisible pixels.
– When signing up for Sail Racing loyalty club and when you subscribe to Sail Racings newsletters.
– From social media
For which purposes do we manage your personal information and on what legal basis?
Sail Racing collects personal information for the following purposes:
– To be able to handle your order and purchase of Sail Racing products.
– Contact with you before and after your order is placed.
– Improvement and development of Sail Racing products.
– Segmentation of Sail Racing communication and marketing to you.
– Analysis of your user behavior and marketing.
– Administration of your relation to Sail Racing.
– To be able to judge if Sail Racing wants to offer you employment, and to be able to communicate with you throughout the recruitment process. In conjunction with the recruitment process for some positions of employment you can, as a candidate have to take a personality test. The result of this test will be apprised by the HR department and also the department manager.
Sail Racing treats your information with support from the following legal grounds:
– Sail Racing treats your personal information because it is necessary to be able to make an order or a purchase contract with you. For example, when ordering online, through a store or directly with Sail Racing. But also, in conjunction with meetings and/or cooperation.
– Sail Racing can also treat your personal information to implement certain actions and/or preparations on your demand, before signing a contract.
– The treatment can also be used because Sail Racing has an interest that treatment, and we have made de judgement that this interest weighs stronger than your integrity interest. Sail Racing supports this on a legal ground for statistic, customer surveys, interest-based marketing and analysis of general using behavior, including purpose to improve your advantages, your experience and also the quality on Sail Racing products and services. For such treatment you have the right by law to object, which we explain detailed below.
– Some treatment is done to fulfill a legal obligation. For example, when ordering one of our products, it is shown by law which personal information Sail Racing can register and we save invoice information regarding accounting rules. This may mean that your information is disclosed to an authority when required by law.
– With the support of direct marketing (postal and digital) consent, customer surveys, customer support and newsletters.
Your information will be supplied to whom?
Means of payment of order online
Sail Racing uses DIBS by Nets (DIBS www.dibs.dk) (Nets www.nets.eu) to handle your purchases of products and payment by credit card. Further payments used by (Klarna www.klarna.se) and Paypal (Paypal www.paypal.se).
– In addition to completing the purchase, this data will only be used if you ask us questions or if there is something wrong with your order.
Delivery of purchase online
– Sail Racing uses PostNord (Postnord www.postnord.se) as conveyor of orders within Sweden and UPS (UPS www.ups.se) for deliveries outside Sweden.
– In addition to completing the delivery of the purchase, this data will only be used if you ask us questions or if there is something wrong with your order.
We share your personal data with our suppliers and partners as stated above. This may involve transferring of your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Whenever such transfer occur, we ensure that a similar degree of protection is afforded to it and made in line with data protection laws. This means that any international transfer of personal data is based on the EU Commission’s standard contractual clauses or where applicable US Privacy Shield or corresponding certification procedures ensuring the adequate level of protection. If you would like more information with regard to international transfers of your personal data, feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For how long do we save your information?
Sail Racing will do its best to ensure that your personal information won’t be saved during a longer period than necessary for the purposes during which personal data is processed and that the information is kept and treated safely during this time. Your personal information will be processed and saved in accordance with the following periods of time:
– Customer, supplier or retailor: If you are under an agreement with Sail Racing your personal information will be saved as long as it’s necessary to be able to fulfill our obligations towards you, for example: until we have delivered your order or when we have received the service we’ve ordered. However, we won’t save any information longer than a 12-month period after your latest contact with us. For customer orders and purchases of Sail Racing products, Sail Racing will save the information provided by you up to 36 months, thereafter personal information will be deleted.
– Job-seeker: Applications and with personal information included, from candidates that did not receive employment, the main principle is to not save the information for more than 6 months after denial as long as Sail Racing has not obtained approval from the applicant to save the application in the recruitment system.
– Legal Obligations: Sail Racing saves information as long as it requires according to the current legal provision. For example: 7 years according to the Bookkeeping Act.
Changes and additions of the policy
Please note that this personal information-policy can be adjusted or extended in the future, for example: when new regulations and terms are published. In such a case, the new version will be published at Sail Racing’s website. [If we make any essential changes of the policy that we consider you need to take part of, we will notify you about these changes as long as we have your email address]
You can find the dates on the latest revision of the policy below.
• May 2018